NECKLACE AND EARRING DISPLAY TUTORIAL

by - June 19, 2014

Hi all, as mentioned in my previous post am presenting the tutorial of making necklace and earring display using cardboard. I always wanted to display my handmade jewellery using a necklace stand similar to that of the jewellery shops. I feel the stand enhances the look of the set . So when I googled upon to shop for such a stand I found a tutorial on DIY necklace display. I modified it a little bit and made my own version. It came out very well that I wanted to make a display for my earrings too. Here is a step by step tutorial on making jewellery display by recycling waste cardboard.



MATERIALS NEEDED:
  1. Cardboard ( Cereal box , packaging materials can be used)
  2. Pen knife or bone folder for making crease
  3. Pencil
  4. Inch tape or scale
  5. White paper
  6. Cello tape and glue
STEP BY STEP:



Take a cardboard of 24 cms wide and 20 cm long.


Mark the centre of the cardboard and draw a line. From the top mark 1 cm and 2 cm in the centre line. Mark 3cm to the left and right of 1cm point.

Draw an ellipse like this.

On both the edges of the cardboard mark 1.5 cm and draw a line joining the other corner.

Cut along the line drawn on both the edges. 

Mark I cm from the bottom of the ellipse and draw a line.

Mark 6 cm to the left and right of the line drawn.

Join the ellipse and the marked points like this.

Draw another line 0.5 cm below the previous line.

Draw a curve like this.

Mark 1 cm down on both edges of the curve.

From the bottom mark 2 cm up and draw a line. Mark 6 cm to the left and right of this line.


Using a pen-knife or bone folder  to crease along the red dotted lines.

After creasing along the dotted lines it looks like this.

Tape the flaps at the back like this. 



Cover it with a white sheet or black sheet. White display will suit dark colour jewellery and black display is suitable for light colour jewellery. 

EARRING DISPLAY:


Cut a piece of cardboard of size 14 cm by 8 cm.


Mark the centre point and draw a line. Mark 4 cm from the top and bottom.


Mark 2 cm to the left and right of the centre line drawn. 





Cut a small piece of cardboard to the above dimensions for giving support to the earring stand.


Paste the supporting cardboard as shown above using hot glue ( glue gun). 


I tried my level best to avoid any ambiguity while explaining the steps. Hope this tutorial is helpful to you all.




You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. Lovely and very useful tutorial Ramya.. love the necklace and earring display :) Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for this tutorIAL.
    I wanted to buy one and they were too expensive.This will help.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments